Join us for our next Board meeting 6.00 PM Tuesday 12th July 2022
If you have anything to add to the agenda please get in touch.
Look forward to seeing you all.
Parent and toddler group -Group returns on the 25th August
(change in times from previous group) Bring your child along for a fun play session at the centre. Tea and coffee available free of charge. A relaxed get together.
Inspire dance – Miss Limara will return on the 22nd of August
Monday 3-6.30 CONTACT TO BOOK @Inspire Dance Company
EASYIOBICS – BACK ON THE 9TH OF AUGUST
TUESDAY 2.15PM- 3.15PM
£3.20 PER SESSION JUST TURN UP AND ENJOY
PUPPY CLASS WITH GORDON
Be Positive Dog Training
6 week course. £60.00 Tuesday 21st-6pm-7pm or 7-8pm
Junior Youth Club / Youth Club – Returns on August 24th
Ages 5-9 , 5.00pm-6.30pm Ages 10-18 6.30pm-8.00pm
Come along meet new friends have a play ( don’t forget the tuck shop!)
BINGO – continues though the summer holidays
Ran by the Youth club 7pm (eyes down 7.30pm) until 9pm
Raffle and money prizes , tea and coffee available.
Lots of laughs in-between the numbers
We have a great venue for parties , get in contact if you’d like to view the hall as a place to hire price start from £7.50
The Minnygap Community Fund benefits those living within the areas covered by Johnstone, Templand and Kirkpatrick Juxta Community Councils. The Fund is provided by Minnygap Energy Ltd, who own the Minnygap Wind Farm, and the Johnstonebridge Community Centre and Development Trust, and is administered by Foundation Scotland.
The Fund was opened in 2018. An annual amount of £50,000, rising in line with inflation, will be paid into the Fund for the operating life of the wind farm.
A Community Panel, made up of people who live, work or volunteer in the area of benefit decide how grants are awarded from the Fund.
Groups and organisations working to benefit people living in the Johnstone, Templand and Kirkpatrick Juxta Community Council areas can apply to the Fund. Your group must have a constitution (a governing document or set of rules) and be set up on a not-for-profit basis. It does not need to be a registered charity to apply.
Making A Difference
The fund provides two types of award to support charitable activities which demonstrate community benefit:
Small grants from £1 to £500 (individuals and unconstituted groups may apply for a small grant, but must have a sponsoring organisation, which will receive the grant and make payments on behalf of the individual or group. Individuals may apply for no more than £250). Find application form at the bottom of this page.
Standard grants from £501 to £10,000.
Awards can support a wide range of costs and activities including equipment costs, running costs for local groups, staff or sessional worker costs, consultations, maintenance or refurbishment of community facilities etc.
Applications are expected to address one or more of the following outcomes (or changes for the community):
- Enhance the quality of life for local residents
- Contribute to vibrant, healthy, successful and sustainable communities
- Promote community spirit and encourage community activity
- Support sustainable community assets, including capital assets (like land and buildings), community enterprises, local exchange systems, people’s skills and abilities, culture and the local environment
- Provide a safe and pleasant place to live
- Help people into work
- Improve local transport
2021 application deadlines are:
Funders who have and still do support the Centre and other ongoing projects:
Facilities: – fully fitted Kitchen with Dishwasher, Gas Cooker & Fryer, can cater up to 80 guests seated or for 100 guests on a finger buffet
- The main hall can accommodate parties up to 120 for any live events (standing) and easy access to outside lawn.
- two break out or smaller function rooms provide excellent meeting room space for groups between 8 – 12 guests.
- We operate within very modern facilities and have disabled access toilettes and shower facilities
- A stage in the main hall provides opportunity for live music or small plays.
- In front of the Hall we have a modern and interactive play area for the smaller community members and a small picknick area in our Pergola within the playpark.
- Our outdoor Muga gives multiple opportunity to stay active and fit for groups or individuals
- The local post office at the Centre provides all Post services on Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays between 0900 -1400 hrs. (Covid 19 Opening times differ).
- Within the centre we also offer a free book exchange and encourage to meet and socialise during opening hours.