to view the case study. click on the link https://www.localenergy.scot/projects-and-case-studies/case-studies/community-benefits/johnstonebridge-community-council/
The Community Action Plan for Johnstonebridge is now concluded and we want to see what action can be taken to make things happen.
The purposes of the Action Plan is to help the local community prioritise and to push the right plans forward for action. All the ideas in the plan came from the local community.
The way forward for this community is to make Johnstonebridge an attractive place to live and work.
- new housing focusing on family homes
- sustaining the Primary School with more children in the area and regular use of the Johnstonebridge Community Centre for sports, arts and crafts, events or just to meet up
- road safety on B7076 with speed limits, safe crossing and maintaining the cycle lanes
- easy and safe access for all to the service station as this is the only available shop in the village
- upgrade and maintain green spaces, park and walks in the village area
- create all year around outdoor space and woodland learning activity for all to use
- investigate further youth representation and interest in all aspects of the community
- possibilities of new business premises for business start ups or others
- successful and easy access to healthcare in Moffat or Lockerbie for all locals
Currently, the Lunch Club in the Community Centre is a regular weekly get-together on Wednesdays, which is always very successful and enjoyable, with good food, laughs and chatter.
On Wednesday evening the Youth Club also established a strong group of young spirited minds who enjoy them self with snooker, table tennis, arts & crafts, games or just listen to music and having a laugh.
Our Bowling group is enjoying Tuesday evenings and I am sure they work up a sweat and have a good time. Other groups use the Community Centre from time to time and the local primary School and Church are also very regular here.
To make Johnstonebridge an attractive place to come to we need to keep things going in the Village and in the Centre. So please give your support to the Community and Centre and come either to our offered activities/events, or even better come to us with a new idea which we can explore and hopefully make into a great success for you and others to enjoy.
We need you all.